DTC Statement on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking (January 2023)
DTC is a subsidiary of Codan Limited. Please see the Codan Group statement below.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
WHO WE ARE
Domo Tactical Communications (DTC) Ltd (trading as DTC) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (and under substantially similar terms in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Information collected by us
In the course of our business, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us either via our sales personnel or by inputting such details into our website (including our WatchDox hosted website):
- names and contact information of the representatives of intermediaries (our authorised resellers and distributors) and our actual and potential customers. Such contact information will include telephone numbers and email addresses.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with information about our products and services and with quotations/proposals and other marketing materials or data (such as technical documents);
- supply you with the products and/or services you have purchased/requested from us; and
- administer and manage your account with us; and
- provide you with marketing email campaigns about our products and services and newsletters (both via Mail Chimp) as appropriate.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH AND TRANSFER OUTSIDE OF THE EEA
- Mail Chimp – whose servers are based outside the EEA in the United States. Mail Chimp has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework;
- Our Enterprise Resource System, Sales and Marketing Platform and Customer Web Portal;
- Our IT support providers; and
- We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Save as set out above, we will not share your personal information with any other third party and to the best of our knowledge, understanding and belief your information will not be transferred outside of the EEA or to any country not approved by the European Commission.
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
The provision of your name and contact information is required from you to enable us to provide our products and services to you or information about our products or services if so requested. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
- We will hold details of your name and contact information for 6 years.
REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on the following grounds as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you (or the entity your represent) and us. This includes where you have instructed us to take some pre-contractual steps (such as provide you with a proposal or technical documents) prior to us formalising the contract; and
- The processing is necessary for achieving our legitimate interest of updating you on our business and our products and services. In accordance with data protection law, we have carefully weighed your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms against our interest to process your information and are satisfied that we are justified in processing your information for this purpose as you can “opt out” of receiving such marketing materials at any time.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us for the attention of our Data Controller;
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing emails or newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 18th May 2018 and last updated on 18th May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you by updating the DTC website references and e-mail where appropriate.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact our Data Controller if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Controller, please send an email to Solent.HR@domotactical.com, or write to Domo Tactical Communications (DTC) Limited, Fusion 2, 1100 Parkway, Solent Business Park, Whitely, Hampshire PO15 7AB.
WHO WE ARE
The Domo Device Controller application (hereinafter the “App”) is owned by Domo Tactical Communications (DTC) Ltd (trading as DTC).
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
The App does not collect or store any personal data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 29th January 2019 and last updated on 29th January 2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you by updating the DTC website references and email where appropriate.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact our Data Controller if you have any questions about this privacy notice.
If you wish to contact our Data Controller, please send an email to Solent.HR@domotactical.com, or write to Domo Tactical Communications (DTC) Limited, Fusion 2, 1100 Parkway, Solent Business Park, Whiteley, Hampshire, PO15 7AB, UK.
Terms and Conditions of Return:
1. In these terms 'DTC' means Domo Tactical Communications (DTC) Ltd trading as DTC, 'Customer' means the company identified in the 'Customer Name' field at the top of this RMA Request Form and 'Product' means any item listed in the table above."
2. Where the warranty agreed in the original purchase contract for the Product(s) applies:
i. When a fault is found the Product(s) shall be repaired or replaced in accordance with the applicable warranty terms.
ii. In the event of no fault being found during the evaluation, the Product(s) will be returned to the customer and the evaluation fee and shipping costs will be payable by the Customer upon presentation of an invoice from DTC.
3. All Products returned to DTC with a valid RMA reference number (the 'Repair Order') will be inspected and tested upon arrival.
4. For any returned Products which are not covered by a valid warranty, then:
i. If during the initial test and inspection the fault is discovered and requires a minor repair which in our opinion can be carried out during inspection and within the £300.00 Repair Order fee, the repair will be carried out and product returned at no further cost. The evaluation fee will then become due and will be invoiced by DTC."
ii. In the event of no fault being found during the evaluation the Product will be returned at no further cost. The evaluation fee will then become due and will be invoiced by DTC.
iii. For Product(s) which are found to require more than minor repair, DTC will provide a quotation for repair to the Customer within 10 days of receipt of the Product(s). The quotation will include the cost of repair and any reasonable costs of transportation and/or safe disposal. The Customer will then have 14 days from the date of the quotation to provide DTC with either:
1. A Purchase Order covering the full quoted repair costs and fees; or
2. Instructions to scrap or return the Products unrepaired.
iv. The warranty period for any Products repaired by DTC will be ninety (90) days from the date of dispatch of the repaired Product to the Customer.
5. In the event of 4. iii (2) occurring, the evaluation fee and any disposal or shipping costs will immediately become due and will be invoiced to the Customer by DTC.
6. In the event that, in the opinion of DTC, the Product(s) are beyond economic repair, DTC will provide a quotation for disposal or return to the Customer. The Customer will then have 14 days from the date of the quotation to provide DTC with instructions to scrap or return the Products unrepaired.
7. In the event that no response from the Customer is received within 14 days of the date of quotation, for disposal or repair under item 6 above, DTC shall be entitled to dispose of the Product(s) and charge the full cost of disposal and the evaluation fee and any shipping costs to the Customer.
8. For all Product(s) being returned to DTC from outside of the European Union (EU), the Customer is responsible for the use of an appropriate temporary export procedure when exporting the Products to DTC and for the subsequent re-import of the Product(s). DTC will not be liable for any taxes, duties or other customs charges which become due upon re-importation or otherwise.
9. By submitting this RMA Request Form and returning Products to DTC you agree that these Terms and Conditions of Return and Domo Tactical Communications (DTC) Limited Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale apply (E&OE).
10. Please note an evaluation fee of GBP £300.00 (ex VAT) plus Shipping, will be charged for each item returned and the RMA number must be referenced on all packaging and documentation. The evaluation charge will be waived in the event that the Product is found to be covered by a valid warranty.
11. Any items returned without an RMA number clearly noted on them will not be accepted and will be quarantined.